Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Veggie Garden: Year 1

Since this past weekend was a logn one thanks to Victoria Day on Monday, my hubby and I decided that it was time to give our veggie garden a GO! We bought a whole lot of plants and black earth and compost to remedy the clay-like earth we've got going on in our backyard.


But, as some of you may know, the weather did not exactly cooperate this weekend. No, it did not rain, BUT the humidex was at an unbearable +38C! What's that about at the end of May?! We worked a bit in the morning: hubby was digging, while I made our flowerbed in the front look decent. In the afternoon, however, while Andre slaved away in the heat, pregnant me stayed inside till about 5 pm.

That's probably why we ran out of time and energy to plant all of the stuff we bought. And as I mentioned previously, we bought quite a bit:

- tomatoes
- peppers
- cabbage
- beans
- lettuce
- cucumbers
- zucchinis
- celery
- parsley
- asparagus
- mint
- basil
- tarragon
- chives
- seeds of radishes, carrots, and beets... I think there might be more?...

For now, this is what the half-finished product looks like:

I'll keep an update on whether we'll actually get to taste the fruits of our labour this summer/fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment